Securing your account against Ransomware
To better protect your backup account against unauthorized access such as Ransomware and other types of Malware, we recommend locking the application when not is use.
Confirm that your backup account password is memorized or stored safely before locking the application.
- Open the eazyBackup application, select “Account” at the bottom left side menu,
- Select “change account settings” button,
- On the Account tab, click the “Lock…” button to the right of the Username field.
- If you confirm the confirmation to lock the application, the program immediately lock and close. Your password is required to open the application again.
- Each time you login to the application you must lock it again following the steps above.
Locking the eazyBackup application will not interfere with regular operation and scheduling.
In light of the recent increase in Ransomware / “Cryptolocker” attacks, securing eazyBackup against unauthorized access will provide an additional layer of safety.